Enes Kanter Challenges Joe Tsai’s Ownership of the Brooklyn Nets Over Ties to China, Accuses Him of ‘Pretty Much Funding Genocide’

‘There are some couple other players started to slowly speak out about the things that have been happening with Nike’

(Via Mediaite)

Former NBA Star Enes Kanter Freedom does not believe Brooklyn Nets Owner Joe Tsai should be allowed to own an NBA team because of his connections to China.

Tsai bought 49% of the Nets in 2017, then in 2019, he purchased the rest of the 51% of the team from Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov. Tsai co-founded a Chinese tech company called Alibaba Group.

Kanter Freedom played in the NBA for 11 seasons between the Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, New York Knicks, Portland Trailblazers, and Boston Celtics. He has been very outspoken against countries with poor human rights records, including his home country of Turkey and China.

Video files
Full
Compact
Audio files
Full
Compact