Willie Geist: Pursuing Covid ‘Herd Immunity’ Is a ‘Dangerous’ Idea

‘I can’t believe we’re talking about herd immunity despite everything that experts have told us’

EXCERPT:

GEIST: “Yeah, and Dr. Redfield said that exactly, what you just pointed to yesterday, the head of the CDC said only 10% of Americans have had Coronavirus, 10%, which leaves 90%. It left some of those senators in their tracks. But I can’t believe we’re still talking about herd immunity given everything doctors and public health experts have told us about how dangerous that idea is. And with due respect to Rand Paul, who is an ophthalmologist, which is a great kind of doctor to be, but I’ll take Dr. Fauci’s word on herd immunity, one the leading infectious disease experts in the world, over that of Dr. Paul.”

Video files
Full
Compact
Audio files
Full
Compact
Similar stories
Dr. Oskoui: Herd Immunity Is Neither a Strategy or Not a Strategy, It’s What Viruses Do
WHO Epidemiologist: ‘Herd Immunity, as an Approach ... Is Dangerous’
Rush Limbaugh Speaks Out Against Mask Mandates, Calls for U.S. to Pursue Herd Immunity: ‘Let the Young and Healthy Live Their Lives’
CNN Medical Expert Now Claims ‘Herd Immunity’ Is a ‘Theoretical Concept’
Joy Behar: ‘Herd Immunity Is an Outrageously Stupid Idea’