6. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) thanked Bernanke for his dedication during times of crisis and joked that he was sure the Fed chairman would miss them.
5. Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) thanked the Fed chairman for his service and said he was unaware of anyone who could have handled the crisis like Bernanke did.
For good measure, Mr. Corker also thanked Bernanke for his friendship.
4. Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) commended Bernanke for his "innovative, improvisational, and very thoughtful approach to problems that were potentially devastating."
3. Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) thanked the Fed chairman and said he "has a great deal of respect" for the work Bernanke has done.
2. Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said he appreciated the "significant work" the Fed chairman has done for the average American and noted that he could not compare his performance to anyone else's, because no one has faced what Bernanke has faced.
1. Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) thanked the Fed chairman for his "quiet, but strong leadership" that was "instrumental in keeping our economy from falling into an abyss."
And what would adoring praise be without a montage?