15. Michael Eric Dyson, an MSNBC contributor, dismissed Phil Robertson's biracial grandson in an angry rant [Dec. 30, 2013]:
'What difference does that make?'
14. On "Hardball," Chris Matthews says the Republican Party is filled with "birthers" and his co-panelist Howard Fineman says it's part of "Satan's plan" [Dec. 24, 2013]:
'Satan -- that’s what this is about'
13. Melissa Harris-Perry and her MSNBC panelists mock Mitt Romney's black grandson (she later apologized) [Dec. 29, 2013]:
'My goal is that in 2040, the biggest thing of the year will be the wedding between Kieran Romney and North West'
12. Chris Hayes and his guest Richard Kim say "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson might enjoy anal sex if he tried it [Dec. 20, 2013]:
'Has he tried the anus? Because maybe if he did he would like it more'
11. Chris Matthews says white apartheid leaders were patriotic than today's Republican Party [Dec. 6, 2013]:
10. Matthews accused Republicans of committing "terror and negativity" against President Obama in an effort to try to stop the "great things" he would like to do [Nov. 20, 2013]:
'It's a battle between a president who wants to do great things ... and an almost totally negative force arrayed and barking against him'
9. In the sort of violent imagery liberals once denounced, MSNBC's Jonathan Alter accused Sen. Ted Cruz of "holding a gun to the head of America" owing to his ObamaCare opposition [Oct. 15, 2013]:
'These are the death throes of their little insurrection'
8. In what would prove to be his final rant, former MSNBC host Martin Bashir said someone should defecate into Sarah Palin's mouth [Nov. 17, 2013]:
'If anyone truly qualified for a dose of discipline from Thomas Thistlewood, then [Palin] would be the outstanding candidate'
7. Alex Wagner speculated the terrorists behind the Boston Marathon were not acting out of Islamist beliefs, but rather right-wing beliefs [Aug. 14, 2013]:
'The bombing suspects may not have been the radical jihadists they were initially believed to be'
6. Because they tried de-funding ObamaCare, Chris Matthews ranted that Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee are "terrorists" [July 31, 2013]:
'Let me finish with the political terrorists of the right'
5. At the height of the IRS scandal, Martin Bashir said the letters "IRS" had become code language for the n-word [June 5, 2013]:
'This strategy is nothing new'
4. After a bridge collapsed in Washington State, Martin Bashir said it was no surprise because of Republicans disapproval of increased infrastructure spending [May 28, 2013]:
3. The day of the Boston terrorist attack, Chris Matthews speculated conservatives were responsible, alleging that "normally" domestic terrorists "tend to be on the right" [April 15, 2013]:
Normally, domestic terrorists, people, tend to be
2. At the height of the gun-control debate last year, Martin Bashir compared gun-rights activists to Hitler [Jan. 14, 2013]:
1. Toward the end of the 2012 election, Lawrence O'Donnell challenged Mitt Romney's son, Tag, to a fight [Oct. 18, 2012]:
'I'll come to you -- any time, anywhere'